It's tough being far away from so many people that you love. Little things that I see make me think about each of them... something that I know they would really like. Whether it's a sunset, a walk to the park, a certain meal or a really great outfit - sometimes I just think "gosh... they would love this." I got this photograph from my aunt's blog and fell in love with it - it's so many of the people that I love and miss! I put it up on my desktop at work and now every morning when I log on to my computer they are here with me - supporting me, encouraging me and telling me that they are proud of me. It has been such a blessing to me this week.
This morning when I turned on my computer I was looking at it and a thought occurred to me - I wonder if this is what it will be like when we get to Heaven? All of our loved ones that have supported us, prayed for us and encouraged us waiting at the gate to welcome us in. Will they be there to congratulate us on our arrival and to rejoice with us as we enter into Eternity? As I thought about this, I could just see more faces appear in this photo... Grandpa Rip, GG, Grandma Helen & Grandpa Lloyd, Aunt Helen... I am overcome with emotion at the thought. All of those who have gone before us are still there! We will some day get to see them again. Although I have always known this in theory, this morning it just became more real to me for some reason.
This morning I rejoice in the fact that we are surrounded by so many people who encourage and love us. I rejoice in the fact that, even though some distance might separate us, we have strong bonds of family, friendship and love. I rejoice in the fact that the people we love will be in our lives forever - no matter what separates us for a time. And I rejoice in the fact that someday we will ALL be reunited when we enter God's kingdom. What a glorious day that will be when we can walk together into His presence!
1 comment:
Bummer...We should have been in that picture too, but we broke off from the group to take the little ones on some rides...Well, just know we love and miss you guys too! I hope things are going well. See you soon!
Post a Comment